Hi and Welcome to my CentOS 7 installation guide.
I’ve been working as System Administrator for 20 years.
I’m going to show you how you can install CentOS 7 in VMware Workstation 12. The Steps are almost the same for all VMware versions.
Let’s get started!
- First, go to CentOS website and download ISO installation media. You see CentOS 7 Just click Get CentOS Now button. Your download will start automatically.
- Once downloaded the CentOS 7 installation media continue with installation. On the workstation home screen click, Create New machine new virtual machine accept the standard settings these are typically is OK click Next
- On select guest operating system installation pick which Centos installation media you can see the list or iso in-store detected sometimes if you can’t find the addition pick the nearest addition that’s fine.
- Now click Next and this is the easy installation screen and chose a root username and your password click next.
- Chose a network set the location I want my virtual machine to access to my physical network directly I don’t want to use a closed network.
- Next click install my virtual machine you may see a circle now we just wait I’ll after the installation is done and my virtual machine is installed click user then choose language etc. and finish setup.
- Reboot machine and you should be good to go.