A seasoned Senior Technical Engineer, with excellent all-round build and technical expertise.
Possessing excellent customer facing and organizational skills, I pride myself in delivering business value for all key share, stakeholders.
Established ability to ensure the smooth running of IT teams, systems security and services to ITIL standards.
Proven team management project life cycle, project delivery also planning skills which improve efficiency, and performance.
Areas of Expertise:
Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2012R2, 2008R2, VMware, New Installations, Asset Management, System Administration, Windows 7, Active Directory, SCCM, Diagnostics, Network Management, Sophos AV, Trend Micro.
VMware, Comp ta Network+, Server 2008R2, Active Directory, SCCM, ITIL Foundation V3, Prince 2
MS Exchange 2010, Linux Red Hat, Firewalls / Security, MAC OS, Android, PowerShell, MySQL, Radius, Cisco, HyperV Virtualization, MS Exchange 2013
KEY SKILLS & COMPETANCIES
Excellent management customer facing, communication and rapport building skills.
Support of All Microsoft operating systems since Microsoft Server 2000 to 2016.
Support of VMware since version 3.5 to present 6.5.
Storage support, including HP, EMC, Fujitsu and Nexsan.
Backup and disaster recovery with, Backup exec, Arch Serve, Net Backup, VRanger and Veeam.
Antivirus support, With CA, Trend Micro, Symantec SEP, Sophos and MacAfee.
Thorough understanding of computer and networking concepts.
Able to prioritize in a complex, fast paced environment.
Knowledge and understanding of security & disaster recovery methodology.
Awareness of networking protocols, their requirements and limits.
SCCM support including patch deployment and operation systems.
Network monitoring with SCOM and What’s Up Gold
Trend analysis of issues with perf mon.
Hampshire County Council May 2018 – Present – Contract
- Senior SC cleared 3rd line IT infrastructure engineer providing Wintel 3rd line support.
- Server support to ITIL standards, including Microsoft Server 2012R2, Server 2008R2, Server 2016, Microsoft Exchange server support, Active directory Support, DNS, DHCP, GPO,IIS
- ManageEngine support for 14000 users.
- Web services support.
- VMware and Citrix support.
- Server migration to 2008 to 2016
Office For National Statistics (ONS) – April 2017 – May 2014 – Contract
- Senior SC cleared IT infrastructure engineer providing Wintel 3rd line support at ONS Fareham, supporting the Crown Datacentres (ARC datacentre inducted).
- Server support to ITIL standards, including Server 2012R2, Server 2008R2, Server 2016, Microsoft Exchange server support, Active directory Support, DNS, DHCP, GPO management across all server’s sites and services. Antivirus support including Sophos and Symantec SEP.
- VMware support for Wintel servers.
- Completed SCCM training and working on SCOM monitoring. Working on incidents with service now. Wintel support including GPO hardening, Active directory management, VMware support, Hardware support for all datacentres.
- Wintel PEN test support for security hardening (working with BSI to report any security issues to Information assurance).
HWMS Ltd – Nov 2015 – April 2017 – Contract
Job Title: IT Contract Consultant
Working for HWMS IT consultancy IT support, management services and network security.
Client support for: HR Wallingford Ltd marine survey, RS divers Ltd , Medacx Ltd
- Providing support and advice on many technologies based around Networking, Firewalls, SAN Storage, Exchange, Virtualisation, within a Windows 2012 Environment.
- Trend Micro install and Configure.
- NAS storage install and configure.
- Disaster recovery backup support including cloud backup with Acronis.
- Google Apps support.
- Web Design and online marketing.
Fugro Emu Ltd – June 2010 – Nov 2015 – Permanent
Job Title: Head of IT Survey Division
- Responsible for the day to day IT requirements of one of UK’s largest environmental scientific survey networks.
- Management of the service desk – Ensuring all incidents are within SLA liaising with team leads of all the IT departments.
- Managing IT budgets from £500k + including all hardware and software purchase installation, maintenance and break/fix contracts with all 3rd party vendors.
- Troubleshooting & advising, mentoring the many IT teams, offering support and guidance with training where required. While ensuring individual staff performance was evaluated to improve and enhance the skill level of all the teams, on an ongoing basis.
- Performing routine audits of the IT environment, including maintaining of technical documentation while ensuring change management is adhered to, in supporting technical changes where required to improve business functions.
- Supporting the network as required Windows server 2012R2, VMware 5.5, Backup exec, NetBackup for NDMP,SAN support, Antivirus support with Trend micro and MacAfee.
EMU Ltd – Nov 2006 – Jun 2010
- IT Manager –
- Supporting 5 offices and 80 servers across the sites.
- Managing a IT team of 4 Engineers
- Providing 3rd line support and Network design.
- Citrix Server support.
- SAN Support Fujitsu and EMC .
- VMware support install and configure.
- Server 2008R2 support install and configure.
EMU Ltd – Sept 2001 – Nov 2006
- Senior IT Administrator / Environmental Scientist
- Supporting Windows 2000 domain and file services including storage and backups also antivirus.
1 Year Working Visa in Australia
Self-employed subcontracting services.
MSc Internet computing University of Hull – BSc (Combined Hon’s)
Environmental Science/Marine Biology – University of York
Access to Science Chelmsford College.
Hobbies: Golf, Fishing, Surfing, and Scuba Diving, obtained Master Scuba diver qualification.
References: Available on Request